It is a common myth that you have to be wealthy to leave a gift in your Will, but nothing could be further from the truth. After taking care of family and friends, your gift can take a variety of forms, including:
- The residue of your estate. The remainder of your estate after specific gifts have been disbursed.
- A percentage. You could choose to leave a percentage of either the residue of your estate, or a percentage of your entire estate
- A pecuniary gift. A specific gift of cash
- An asset. This could be land, shares, art or other personal property
- A conditional bequest. In the unlikely event that your beneficiaries don’t survive you, you may wish to leave your estate to Barnardos Australia
For more information or to speak to someone about your intentions, please contact Jessica Wood, email email@example.com or phone (02) 9218 2308.