What you’ll need:
1 brown onion
150g feta cheese
1 tsp of dried herbs (if you have them)
1 tbsp of soy sauce
100g walnuts (raw)
3 sheets of puff pastry.
90g rolled oats
Sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees (180 fan forced).
- In a food processor, place the onion and dried herbs and blitz for
- Add the walnuts and rolled oats and blitz for 10 - 20 seconds more
until the walnuts are broken down and not too chunky. You’re
looking for a crunchy peanut butter texture.
- Add the eggs, feta cheese, soy sauce and breadcrumbs and mix for
10 more seconds.
- Lay out the puff pastry and place the mixture in a long sausage
shape at one end. Roll up the pastry over the mix.
- Cut into sausage roll size.
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Created by Renae Smith, 2014