What you’ll need:
1 cup of quinoa
1 tin of chickpeas
1/2 a cauliflower
Spice mix (I used 1tsp cumin, 1tsp coriander, and pepper)
Cottage cheese (or any soft cheese)
- Boil the quinoa in water until it is soft. Leave that to cool slightly.
- Cut up the carrots and cauliflower into chunks and put in a bowl for
the microwave. Microwave for about 4 - 5 minutes.
- Drain the water out of the chickpeas and give them a little rinse.
- In a big pan, put in a little bit of olive oil, some spices (or just a little
bit of salt) and then place the chickpeas. Fry for 2 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and place them in the pan and stir around for
another 2 minutes.
- Add the drained quinoa and stir for 2 more minutes.
- Serve on a plate and top with cheese, nuts and herbs or just eat plain.
Created by Renae Smith, Masterchef 2014