Barnardos Australia's Western NSW Centre was established in 2000.
The Centre covers a large geographic area in Central and Western NSW - the local government areas of Mid-Western Regional, Wellington, Gilgandra, Bogan, Warren, Cobar and the Warrumbungles with an office, services and staff located in each of these shires.
Barnardos Western NSW delivers a diverse range of welfare programs. Not all are available in every location.
Western NSW Programs include:
- Brighter Futures - for vulnerable families with children in the 0-8 age group
- Family Support - for all families with children in 0-8 age group
- Reconnect - for young people 12-18 years, who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, and their families
- Parenting programs in Wellington Correctional Centre
- Supported Playgroups/ Playgroups
- Learning Centre - breakfast club and afterschool learning program
- Beyond Barbed Wire - mentoring program for mothers who are leaving jail
Area specific programs:
Mudgee Programs: Reconnect Mudgee, Family Support, Families NSW
Wellington Programs: Reconnect, Yalmambirra Learning Centre, Community Networkers, Brighter Futures - Wellington LGA, Gaol Program, Families NSW
Coonabarabran Programs: Brighter Futures - Warrumbungles LGA, Families NSW
Gilgandra Programs: Brighter Futures, Reconnect Wellington, Families NSW, Supported Playgroups
Nyngan Programs: Brighter Futures - Bogan, Reconnect Cobar
Warren Programs: Brighter Futures - Warren and Narromine, Reconnect
Cobar Programs: Brighter Futures, Reconnect Cobar, Arts in the Dust
Barnardos Western NSW Program Support operates out of the Mudgee Office - please direct all inquiries to this office phone number 6372 1622.
Unit 3/63-65 Market St,
(PO Box 800) Mudgee NSW 2850
Phone: 02 6372 1622